Horsebox insurance is a necessity when you own a horsebox. It will protect your vehicle for all the major risks of the road. Before looking at where to get horsebox insurance quotes, let’s take a look at exactly what a horsebox is and what cover options you can get.
What is a horsebox?
A horsebox is a type of dedicated vehicle that’s designed specially for transporting a horse. Unlike a horse trailer, a horsebox is one unit and its own vehicle. With a horse trailer, it’s sometimes covered under a car insurance policy. However with a horsebox you’ll need to get a dedicated policy.
Horsebox insurance cover options
If you own a horsebox then you’ll need to get it covered with a good insurance policy.
Below are some of the types of horsebox insurance cover options you can get –
- Road risks – Road risks is the most fundamental type of cover that you’ll need to get for your horsebox. It will ensure that your vehicle is road legal and if you get a comprehensive policy, then your horsebox will be covered for own-fault accidents as well as fire and theft.
- Replacement vehicle – You can get this type of cover included in your policy if you want to make sure you’d get a replacement vehicle to use if your vehicle was damaged or stolen.
- Breakdown assistance – Breakdown assistance is always an important type of cover to get for all vehicle owners. If you don’t already have it then you can get it included in your policy.
Where to get horsebox insurance quotes
Getting a lot of insurance quotes is also a great way to save money so it’s highly recommended you do this. Thankfully there are now many excellent sites that make getting horsebox insurance quotes from different providers very easy.
A couple of good ways to save money on horsebox insurance other than getting quotes are –
- Store your horsebox someone secure – Security is always important when you want to reduce the cost of insurance since it lowers the chance of you having to make a claim. Therefore you should make sure your horsebox is securely stored when not in use.
- Pay upfront – Rather than paying for your policy monthly, if you can pay upfront in one go then most insurance providers will offer you a good discount.