If you’re looking for HGV insurance then by far the easiest way to get it is by looking online for quotes. There are many providers of HGV insurance online and if you know the right places to look then getting quotes is a very quick and simple process.
There are many excellent insurance comparison services online, such as Multiquote Truck, that enable you to get quotes from a panel of specialist HGV providers.
Why get cover online?
Below are some of the main benefits of getting cover online –
- Simplify getting quotes – One of the major reasons to get HGV insurance online is that it makes getting quotes very simple. Of course you can still call insurance providers by phone but it will take a lot longer to get quotes doing things this way.
- Adjust your policy exactly as you need – Another big benefit of getting HGV insurance online is that you can easily tailor your policy to suit your exact needs. Adding and removing cover options is usually as simple as a click of a button.
- No hard sell – When looking online for quotes you also have the bonus of not being pressured into a policy that you’re not certain you’re happy with, as can often be the case when getting insurance by phone.
Best ways to save money
- Get fleet insurance – If you’re insuring a fleet of HGVs then a great way to keep costs down as well as simplifying things is to get a fleet policy. Fleet insurance enables you to insure different vehicles of different values all under the same policy. This helps you save time as well as money.
- Get a lot of quotes – Getting quotes from different insurance providers is one of the most reliable ways to save money on HGV insurance. Luckily it’s now easier than ever to get quotes by using an online comparison service.
- Pay upfront – Although most people choose to pay for insurance monthly via direct debit, if you can afford to pay upfront on an annual basis then you’ll be able to negotiate a significantly lower rate for the policy with insurance providers.
- Hire reliable drivers – The drivers you hire will certainly make a difference to how much your insurance costs. Therefore you want to hire drivers who are over 25, have plenty of HGV driving experience and who have a clean driving and criminal record.